1. Create a backup file (.cbk) of your collection on your stand-alone version on your local computer:
- open Collectify. Click on File on the upper left hand corner of the navigation bar, and click on Backup from the drop down menu. Backup Database Wizard will open up. Click on Next.
- A list of collections databases will appear. Click on the database you want to transfer to the Cloud (you can only transfer one database at a time). Click on Next.
- Now choose where you’re going to save the backup file: Click on the Browse box. At the top of the Backup Database box that appears, you’ll see: Save in: Downloads. Click on the dropdown menu to the right of that, and choose Desktop (at the top of the list), and then click Save. Click on Next on the Backup Database Wizard and then Finish.
- Close Collectify.
2. Now transfer the backup file from your desktop to Collectify Cloud:
- connect to Collectify Cloud. If you are on full screen, minimize the Remote Desktop Connection by clicking on the button to the left of the X at the top of the screen.
- You’ll then be able to see your Cloud desktop as well as your local computer desktop.
- Locate the .cbk file you just created on your computer desktop and right click on it. On the dropdown menu that appears, click on Copy.
- Place the cursor on the Collectify Cloud desktop and left click on the mouse on an empty part of the screen. Right click on your mouse and, from the dropdown menu that appears, right click on Paste. The .cbk file will then transfer onto your Cloud desktop. If your file is large, this step may take several minutes.
3. Now restore the .cbk file onto Collectify on the Cloud:
- maximize the screen on Collectify Cloud
- open Collectify on the Cloud
- Click on File in the upper left hand corner of the navigation bar
- Click on Restore. Restore Database Wizard will open up. Click on Next.
- Click on the Browse box. At the top of the Restore Database box that appears, you’ll see: Look in: My Documents. Click on the dropdown menu to the right of that and choose Desktop (at the top of the list), and then click Open.
- Find the .cbk file that you want to restore and click Open.
- Click on Next on the Restore Database Wizard. Once the database is restored, click on Finish.
4. Your data is now available to you on Colletify Cloud!
If you have a stand-alone version and a Collectify Cloud account, do all your data entry ONLY ON THE CLOUD. If anything happens to your computer, you’ll know that the data on the Cloud will be secure and up to date.
Note: As an extra security measure, you can regularly transfer a backup file of Collectify from Collectify Cloud to your stand alone desktop Collectify. Follow the same procedure as above, but create a .cbk from Collectify Cloud that you will transfer onto the stand-alone version of Collectify.