1. Create a backup file (.cbk) of your collection on your desktop version of Collectify:
- You’ll then be able to see your Cloud desktop as well as your local computer desktop.
- Locate the .cbk file you just created on your computer desktop and right click on it. On the dropdown menu that appears, click on Copy.
- Place the cursor on the Collectify Cloud desktop and left click on the mouse on an empty part of the screen. Right click on your mouse and, from the dropdown menu that appears, right click on Paste. The .cbk file will then transfer onto your Cloud desktop. If your file is large, this step may take several minutes.
3. Now restore the .cbk file onto Collectify on the Cloud:
- maximize the screen on Collectify Cloud
- open Collectify on the Cloud
- Click on File in the upper left hand corner of the navigation bar
- Click on Restore. Restore Database Wizard will open up. Click on Next.
- Click on the Browse box. At the top of the Restore Database box that appears, you’ll see: Look in: My Documents. Click on the dropdown menu to the right of that and choose Desktop (at the top of the list), and then click Open.
- Find the .cbk file that you want to restore and click Open.
- Click on Next on the Restore Database Wizard. Once the database is restored, click on Finish.
4. Your data is now available to you on Colletify Cloud!
If you have a stand-alone version and a Collectify Cloud account, do all your data entry ONLY ON THE CLOUD. If anything happens to your computer, you’ll know that the data on the Cloud will be secure and up to date.
Note: As an extra security measure, you can regularly transfer a backup file of Collectify from Collectify Cloud to your stand alone desktop Collectify. Follow the same procedure as above, but create a .cbk from Collectify Cloud that you will transfer onto the stand-alone version of Collectify.